We Believe That…
- God is the creator, ruler, and redeemer of mankind.
- Jesus Christ is the Son of God, and died on the cross for our sins and on the third day rose from the dead.
- The Holy Spirit is our guide and comforter. He empowers believers to fulfill God’s vision and purpose for their lives.
- Humans, created by God, willfully sin against God and are consequently lost and without hope apart from a restored relationship with God.
- The Bible is divinely inspired by God, error-free in its original writings, and the true source for knowing God’s will.
- The church is a faith community consisting of Christians everywhere, and the New Testament provides the pattern for church practices.
Our mission is to “Lead People in a Growing Relationship with Jesus Christ.” As a practical step, we challenge each individual at LifeBridge to…
- Discover Grace – Find Christ, be baptized. “Praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved.” –Acts 2:47
- Grow in Grace – Join a growth group, Bible study, and fellowship. “We proclaim him, admonishing and teaching everyone with all wisdom, so that we may present everyone perfect in Christ.” –Colossians 1:28
- Live Gracefully – Be “Externally Focused” through service. “For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.” –Ephesians 2:10
It’s crucial for any group of people to know where they are going. While our mission never changes–because it’s God’s mission–our vision can change. It’s the place we are working to reach. For LifeBridge JM that vision is expressed by the following statement:
To become a family of Christ followers who are rooted in scripture, and growing, sharing, and passionately living out our faith (in Christ) in our homes, our relationships, and our community.
Overall guiding scriptures:
- Acts 2:42; Acts 4:13; Acts 4:2-30
- 1 2 Tim 3:16; Deut 8:3
- 2 Colossians 1:28; Romans 10:17; Hebrews 11:1
- 3 Romans 10:12-15; 1 Peter 3:15
- 4 Ephesians 2:10; John 13:34-35
“…Instead, whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant, and whoever wants to be first must be your slave—just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.”—Matthew 20:26-28
As an Externally Focused Church we…
- Are inwardly strong in spiritual development and worship, as well as outwardly strong in serving and loving our community.
- Integrate good deeds and good news into the life of every member and attendee; having an active faith that shows up in tangible ways.
- Value impact and influence in the community more than attendance numbers.
- Look for the intersections of where our community of faith can help to fulfill the needs and dreams of our city and surrounding communities.
- Strive to be a church that the community would greatly miss if we weren’t here anymore.
In essentials unity. In non essentials liberty. In all things love.
We believe that God is the creator, ruler, and redeemer of mankind. The Bible teaches the concept of the “trinity” and that there is one sovereign God eternally existing in three persons-Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Genesis 1:1, 26, 27; 3:22; Psalm 90:2; Matthew 28:19; 1 Peter 1:2; 2 Corinthians 13:14.
We believe that Jesus Christ died on the cross for our sins and on the third day rose from the dead. Trusting Him as Savior brings forgiveness and the promise of eternal life. Those trusting in Him should confess their faith, repent of sin, and be baptized by immersion. He will one day return to claim His people and He will reign forever. Matthew 1:22, 23; Isaiah 9:6; John 1:1-5, 14:10-30; Hebrews 4:14, 15; 1 Corinthians 15:3, 4; Romans 1:3, 4.
The Holy Spirit
We believe that the Holy Spirit is God’s gift to all Christians. His transforming influence brings new life and He is our guide and comforter. He empowers believers to fulfill God’s vision and purpose for their lives. 2 Corinthians 3:17; John 16:7-13, 14:16,17; Acts 1:8; 1 Corinthians 2:12, 3:16; Ephesians 1:13; Galatians 5:25.
We believe the Bible teaches that humans, created by God, willfully sin against God and are consequently lost and without hope apart from a restored relationship with God and that such salvation (involving the forgiveness of sins) is achieved only by grace through the sacrificial death of Jesus Christ. Genesis 1:27; Psalm 8:3-6; Isaiah 53:6a; Romans 3:23; Isaiah 59:1, 2.
We believe the Bible is God’s source book for faith and daily living. It is divinely inspired, error-free in its original writings, and the true source for knowing God’s will. On all belief issues we ask, “What does the Bible say?”2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:20, 21; 2 Timothy 1:13; Psalm 119:105, 160, 12:6; Proverbs 30:5.
We believe the church is God’s enterprise for the redemption and benefit of mankind. It is a faith community and consists of all Christians everywhere. We believe that the New Testament provides the pattern for local church practices and organization. We are overseen by a group of local elders that are men of character, integrity, and faith evidenced by their daily walk.Matthew 16:18; Acts 20:28; Ephesians 1:22.